The Political Behavior Research Group (PolBeRG) is a research-facilitating and learning environment for the study of political behavior and political communication. It organizes regular seminars with paper presentations, replication seminars, and more informal talks on research methods and emerging research agendas.
The events are open to students and faculty from any CEU department as well as interested scholars at other academic institutions, and offer them the opportunity to discuss their own research with a specialist audience.
If you liked to learn more about upcoming POLBERG events, present your own work at the seminar or propose a guest speaker (e.g. a scholar in the field who is about to visit Budapest), please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Aims of PolBeRG:
- Organize regular seminars with paper presentations, replication seminars, and debates on research methods and emerging research agenda in the fields of political behavior and political communication
- Organize series of seminars focused on the use of statistical (and possibly other) software in research on the above mentioned research fields
- Organize public seminars/lectures/workshops on topics related to the research of PolBeRG
- Organize research training workshops to provide students with better understanding of the demands of their research field and academic labor market
- Cooperate with other Research Groups and Units at CEU and develop common research agendas
- Cooperate with scholars and similar groups at other universities or academic and research institutions who are involved in the study of similar research topics
- Organize an annual Conference focused on research on political behavior and political communication
- Conduct research on political behavior and political communication
- Work towards the conceptualization and creation of a Centre for the study of the Political Behavior and Political Communication based at CEU.